I have just happened to be unfortunate enough to catch the tail-end (pun intended) of a few episodes of Big Brother this season. It has officially fallen into a category which I jokingly call "Whore TV." Other shows that earn this dubious distinction are: anything with the words "Real World" in the title and The "Flavor of Love" and "I Love New York" series. These shows are basically set up the same as porn movies.
Here's the plot:
- See beautiful people.
- See beautiful people run around in skimpy clothes.
- See beautiful people's tatts and body piercings.
- See said beautiful people find one lame thing in common with each other. ("Oh, my dad's named John, too!)
- See beautiful people get paired off and there just happens to be one bed for both of them to sleep in...
- See beautiful people writhe under the covers.
Is CBS really so desperate to catch this demographic that it resorts to pairing up couples on Big Brother and forcing them to sleep in the same bed? Am I the only fuddy-duddy that finds this scenario disturbing? I'm not religious or even "spiritual" so it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with it pandering and simply being stupid. Sheesh.